Monday, June 8, 2009

A New Beginning

Over life we sometimes find ourselves reinventing who we are and setting off on new adventures. Don't I know it. Over the last twelve months my life has changed in a myriad of ways and I feel like sometimes I'm just along for the ride!

In the last 12 months I've seen the following changes:
-Lost my SLR
-Bought a new SLR
-Been asked to do way more photos for people than I ever dreamed possible
-Entered a my first photo contest and won a People's Choice award
-Bought a house
-Planted a garden
-Started a new podcast

So yes, I know change. I'm a bit of a gypsy and so it all works out. Right?

This time I am inviting you along for the ride!

Welcome to your very own seat on a ride through my life as seen from behind the lens of my camera. As someone recently told me, "You better make your way to the engine, girl, cause this train has left the station and it's without a driver!"

Photography is one of my passions and it seems the word is out. How did that happen? I've had several people ringing my phone, emailing me, IMing me, and well... you get the drill! They all want photos and I have become their Go-To Girl. Me? Who'd a thunk it?!

I needed a name and a good friend gave me a fantastic one that plays on my pseudonym and love for the great land of Oz as revealed to us by the wonderful L. Frank Baum. So welcome to the Emerald Lens... my new photography blog!

No entry on a photography blog would be complete without... a photo! So here for your viewing pleasure is my friend and her family. She was looking for a nice photo, it was spring, and I wanted it to feel like the dew-kissed earth on a rainy spring day. As luck would have it... the photo was taken on a rainy spring day! I took this with an old camera as it was just after my good one went *poof* in a tragic story we just won't go into right now.


Welcome, once more, to my Life Behind the Emerald Lens!

--Have Camera, Will Travel
Oz

0 comments:

Post a Comment